Peace Design Table # 08 Educating to Save
Ambassador Luzimira João and 8 Peace Makers led by her held their Peace Design Table on December 6, 2020 which reflected on the theme: Educating to Save (SDG 3 and 4).
Education and health are the basis for the development of any society.
In Angola, these branches are of great concern as there are countless opportunities for improvement.
Basic sanitation needs to be overhauled, especially in Luanda province. This improvement in basic sanitation consists not only in treating the solid waste produced, but also in sensitizing the population to the necessary care to reduce it.
Main question: how can basic hygiene be improved through education?
- Awareness of preventable diseases
- The sanitary facilities
- Standard of living and urban decline.
- A phiito restoration project
- To help communities in need reduce / or prevent pathologies by utilizing natural resources and – by protecting the environment and making these activities financially profitable;
- Implementation of green filters to eliminate standing water and solid waste, reduce insects and risks of infection and contamination that affect the health of the population;
- local residents, housewives, retirees, teenagers, residents with backyards.