Peace Design Table # 07 Depression & Suicide
IAYSP-Angola organized Peace Design Table # 07 Depression & Suicide on December 6, 2020.
Depression and Suicide was the theme reflected by Ambassador Ermelinda Dala and 8 Peace Makers led by her.
This serious problem can be solved by working on it on the long term.
Suggested actions are:
- Encourage debates about depression in schools, churches and philanthropic groups
- Community houses and reception centers
- Advertise television and radio programs on the subject in question
- Make people aware of at least 3 out of 10 signs of depression.
- The acceptance of the person suffering from the depression
- More media attention on depression and not just waiting for September
- To have self-love so that we can love our neighbor;
- Alertness is required when dealing with cultural issues (example, when father or mother has left …).
“Conversation is the best therapy there is”, advises <Alberto Ebo Lima>